Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Missing Dog Poo and The Human Response


The other night, I took my dog out for a walk, she took a shit and I couldn't find it. This is not the first time this has happened, I lose dog shit all the time. On dark rainy nights, when she craps on a pile of leaves in autumn, in certain types of mulch dog shit's been known to vanish right before my very eyes, which is ironic, since my eyes are total dog shit. One of the limitations of albinism is poor eyesight. Technically, I'm considered legally blind, which is like being legally drunk, except when I wake up in the morning, my vision is still blurry and it stays blurry forever. Outside of the fact I couldn't play sports, which meant my father could never really love me, this disability has not been a major setback in my life. But my low vision has provided hundreds of little challenges, like missing dog shit. As luck would have it, we live in an era of incredible technological innovation. My iPhone can track my steps, play every song I've ever heard, shoot video in HD and connect me with all the people and knowledge on the entire fucking planet. It also has a flashlight. This flashlight has often been my torch as I crouched on hands and knees, squinting, searching, hunting for the treasure of a steaming log of dog shit. And you know what? Thanks to modern technology, I find that dog shit most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment